Golden Beads Green
- Interaction with graphical representations of base-ten number system
- Association of Montessori golden beads or commercial place value blocks with four-digit number concepts
- For children in grades K-2
- Color-coded two-way cardstock matching cards. Labels for organization included.
- Ten separate exercises with six "matches" each
Pictures of golden beads (base ten blocks) that are matched to four-digit place value, expanded form, and number words. Association of base-ten beads or blocks with place value, place value of four-digit numbers, expanded form of four-digit numerals, number words for four-digit numbers, reading number words, organizational skills.
Color-coded two-way cardstock matching cards. Labels for organization included. (Lamination recommended for heavy use; cutting required.) Recommended storage (not included): ten hardware drawers, boxes, or envelopes.
The teacher's experience and the sequence of skills in the students' basic math program are the best guides in determining which skills should be introduced first. In general, the scope and sequence chart above can be used as a guide.
A number of sets for younger children are "color coded." Some teachers present all the levels with an exercise set, while others prefer to present all the blue (two-digit) exercises, progress to the pink (three-digit), and culminate with the green (four-digit).
Other skills such as Roman Numerals require no prerequisites other rhan an understanding of place value. Such exercises can be presented any time.
We Also Recommend