Golden Beads - Blacklines
- Written interaction with graphical representations of base-ten number system
- Association of Montessori golden beads or commercial place value blocks with number concepts up to four digits
- For children in grades K-2
- Blackline masters for written responses
- 18 matching and 18 free response exercises based on two-digit to four-digit place value graphics . Each page has six problems.
The teacher's experience and the sequence of skills in the students' basic math program are the best guides in determining which skills should be introduced first. In general, the scope and sequence chart above can be used as a guide.
A number of sets for younger children are "color coded." Some teachers present all the levels with an exercise set, while others prefer to present all the blue (two-digit) exercises, progress to the pink (three-digit), and culminate with the green (four-digit).
Other skills such as Roman Numerals require no prerequisites other rhan an understanding of place value. Such exercises can be presented any time.
We Also Recommend